Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Back for seconds!

As I type this (7.00pm) RBA still shows a Spoonbill at Strumpshaw - this appeared on the map at 8.30 this morning. Needless to say, I was out of the house ASAP, but I needn't have bothered: it was a flyover, seen (and photographed) by two of the Regulars as it headed West.....  Why do the people at RBA bother to put such birds on the pager / bird map?

Since I was there, I thought I'd have a walk around the Fen (twice!) and Buckenham. Very little about, apart from a Lesser Black-back killing a large fish mid-river and a radio-tagged raptor: not a great photo, but is it an Osprey?
Lots of Butterflies and Damsels & Dragons, including Small Copper, Green-veined White, Hairy Dragonfly and (I think) Variable Damselfly. The Swallowtails performed well to an appreciative audience! LOL!















No comments: