Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 21 June 2013

Starling twitching!

Well there we go! All it took was a couple of beautiful vagrants to get me back into my bad old ways! How could I resist? Following the Roller, I had to have a stab at the adult male Rose-coloured Starling at Wells Quay. I parked, walked twenty yards and took these photos of what must be the most easily-accessible goodie of the year so far!

Interesting (as an 'outsider') to read the posts on BF about the alleged bad behaviour of some photographers at the Quay. My personal take is that if you were there with a 500mm lens and converter ring, you didn't really need to lean it on the little wall around the garden! Having said which, the Starling was quite happy to feed in front of the small gallery of around half a dozen while I was there - the only thing it objected to was other Starlings - didn't seem to mind pigeons or sparrows! I do think some photographers can be thoughtless, but some birders can be a bit precious at times.










No comments: