Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Amazing raptors!

Despite the forecast of horizontal ice-cold drizzle, I thought I ought to get out and 'footit': I elected to leave the camera at home because of the threatening skies. I locked the front door, turned around, looked up: and there was a ginormous Goshawk being mobbed by Rooks! I quickly unlocked and grabbed the camera from the hall floor, just in time to grab one distant snap as the bird rowed away northwards. Now someone reported a Gos from Blofield last week: I wonder....

I resumed my walk (again, leaving the camera behind) and really enjoyed the fact that my plantar fasciitis seems to be on the way out. I added a few more 'footit' ticks - Nuthatch, Yellowhammer and Fieldfare, before returning home soaked to the skin for a hot bath. To finish the day on another high, I was putting some rubbish in the bin when I looked up to see a Peregrine! What a great selection of raptors to add to the pair of Buzzards and Kestrel I encountered at Hemblington!



No comments: