Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 15 August 2014

Emerald and Green!

A quick walk around the Fen this afternoon was not unproductive (although I seem to have managed to miss the Kingfishers, Otters & Bitterns everyone saw!)

The shrub-fringed dyke leading from the back entrance to Lackford Run held at least four Willow Emeralds - the first I've found for a week or two! Lots of Southern, Brown & Migrant Hawkers too.

Tower Hide looked out on decent (though reduced) muddy banks which provided feeding opportunities for Ruff, Green Sandpipers and Little Egrets - no sign of any Garganey, though.

At reception Hide I bumped into Dave, the father of one of my favourite ex-pupils! Hi Claire!

On the way home the Little Owl was present as usual, but sulking in the shadows with his back to me !







 
 

No comments: