Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 20 October 2014

What a difference a day makes!

While checking my e-mails in the office, I heard the characteristic yelping of a flock of Pink-footed Geese: sure enough a glance outside revealed two skeins heading north-west over Blofield Heath.

The weather forecast for the rest of the week is - to say the least - not good, so I snatched a therapeutic five-mile walk at Winterton.

Apart from ten million dogs enjoying their daily catharthes, virtually the only living thing I saw until I reached the blocks was Barry Jarvis. We chatted for a minute and watched a group of five Harriers drift south distantly. They were probably all marshies, although one individual seemed smaller..

About the only birds I saw were loads of Mipits and Skylarks, a single furtive Wheatear, a couple of Rock Pipits on the beach and dozens of Gannets out to sea.