Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 15 January 2015

Dilemma! To count or not to count?!

A late start at the Fen eventually resulted in a meeting of most of the Old Codgers: Brian, Norman, Clive, Adrian and I spent an enjoyable yet largely fruitless morning at Strumpshaw: this was to some degree brought about by work-parties wandering about in the woodlands and reedbeds - even the Water Deer were less than impressed!

There were the usual tits, finches and Huthatches at 'the Stump' but best bird of the day only revealed itself when I processed my images at home!

As Brian and I were chatting in Reception Hide, hoping that the skittering Coot flock indicated a marauding Otter (it didn't!) I took a couple of shots of a female Marshie. A newcomer entered the hide, wanting to check the identity of a bird he'd seen circling the Fen ten minutes earlier: the Reception Volunteer said he'd just seen the bird (which was quickly identified as a Great Northern Diver) on the Broad

If I'm not very much mistaken, this very bird appears on the image below! Can I add it to my Strump list? I've already decided the answer is no! I'll wait until I actually see it in the flesh....










No comments: