Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Birds of the Heath (Cavenham Heath, that is!)

I'm not a massive fan of dead horse flogging, so the report of a SP Red-necked Grebe at Lackford was enough to cause me to abandon my plan to walk around the Fen and drive southwards.

There were lots of people at the lakes, but sadly the target bird seemed to have decamped overnight: I remember now why I gave up twitching!

 Lacking any other obvious target, I thought I'd grab a year tick at Cavenham, and, after a bit of a walk and a few distant views, I found a pair on their nest quite close to the road. Despite the heat haze, I managed some reasonable shots of these delightful birds, as well as of some typical heathland species: Stonechat, Linnet and Meadow Pipit.

Now and again a frame-filling flew over, doing circuits out of Mildenhall.








No comments: