Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 11 May 2015

It's only a dip if you go for it and miss it! LOL!

Being away at a mineral show at the weekend, I didn't have to agonise over the 'Am I still a twitcher?' dilemma that several of my friends faced! Great to hear that Martin and my best man (second time round!) Bob Walker got to see the Finch: neither have enjoyed the rudest of health in recent years, so it was brilliant that my old buddies were up to the long walk and enjoyed good views!

Couple of birdy moments for Linda and me: as we drove along Oxford Road, just south of Kidlington a Nightingale flew so close in front of our car, it was in danger of becoming a bonnet emblem! We also saw several Yellow Wagtails and, along the A505, a Corn Bunting.

And yes: the Turtle Doves are still feeding well! The female has a very broad, dark-centred covert feather on her right wing: very distinctive!

Oh! Should you want to buy a copy, the book is now available to purchase on Amazon: £15 including p&p: just type 'Our Forbidden Moon' into the Amazon search pane!



No comments: