Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 10 July 2015

Lesser Emperor: back to Ormesby!

Having just finished being scalped in Acle, I popped across to Ormesby Little Broad for seconds of the Lesser Emperor.

Once again it (just one today!) performed pretty well, but was too fast for decent photography. Other goodies included a day flying bat (any suggestions welcome!) a couple of White Admirals and the usual Hawkers: Brown, Southern, Norfolk and - probably - a late Hairy. Walking back to the van I watched a Hornet catch and eat a bee!

As I was walking to the front door from the van I noticed a Hummingbird Hawkmoth feeding in the front garden: by the time I fetched a camera, it had departed. Frustratingly, ten minutes later it was in the back garden: this time I couldn't focus quickly enough!
 
 





No comments: