Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 12 July 2015

Rendlesham Forest with Colonel Halt!

Pleasant day with Colonel Charles Halt (Commander of RAF Bentwaters at the time of the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident)

The day started with a small group accompanying the Colonel around the forest, where he pointed out the sites of the major events of December 1980.The Colonel was surprisingly robust with a few of his reminiscences, particularly in regard to the accounts of some of the other witnesses...

After lunch we moved on to Woodbridge Community Centre to set up the hall for six hours of talks and discussion: I MC'd the event and (despite the lack of decent mikes) received much very gratifying feedback: thanks to all for that!

I enjoyed my forty minute lecture and, again, there was plenty of positive comment (and book sales! LOL!)

Hopefully I might be sent some photos with me in!

I have to say: the Colonel's son Clifford was delightful and it was an absolute pleasure to spend the day with him.

The Colonel? Well: he was enigmatic and non-committal: but I guess you'd expect that....





No comments: