Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Pre-Christmas run around the mid-Yare Valley

Last chance for Brian T and I to get out together before Christmas so (despite the high winds and constant threat of rain) we took a walk around Strumpshaw, Cantley and Buckenham.

To be honest, there wasn't a lot to point the cameras at, but a Water Rail at Fen Hide was (briefly) good to see, while huge flocks of Wigeon and wild geese at Cantley were atmospheric. We picked out a few White-fronted and Bean Geese, but the majority were Pink-footed Geese.

The year-list stalled at 237 a few weeks back, but that's not bad considering that 300 used to be a good life list when I started in birding! And, of course, I haven't done much twitching this year, so I missed a lot of expected birds - I didn't see a single Skua in 2015!
 
 




 



 


No comments: