Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 25 January 2016

Ride a white Swan - or White-fronted Goose, if you'd rather!

After the Post Office run, I thought I'd take a quick run around a couple of my favourite spots for a winter walk. First of these was Buckenham, where it was actually possible to view seven species of goose (if you count the ferals!) These were:

White-fronted
Pink footed
Greylag
Canada
Barnacle
Snow Goose
Ross's Goose (Hybrid!)

The ever-present Peregrines watched over the marshes, as did several Buzzards and Marsh Harriers. A Water Pipit by the path surprised me, but I was too slow for a photo....

I moved on to Ludham Airfield, where a large mixed herd (mostly Bewick's) of 183 wild swans remained totally unmoved by an autogyro landing next to them and a Buzzard swooping low over their heads.

Quick point of interest for Ben L: this Buzzard hovered for ten seconds or more on several occasions, so hovering wouldn't seem to be a good field-mark for a Rough Leg!



 
 





 

No comments: