Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Talk and a walk in the Bure Valley (And a garden tick!)

David Savory, an old friend from way back, invited me to give a talk to thirty or so members of the Bure Valley Conservation Group this morning. After a prompt start at 10.00am and a less than prompt finish ninety minutes later, we all went for a walk from Upton Village Hall around the local marshes and NWT reserve at Upton Fen. I have to say: what a fabulous, friendly bunch they all are: from my initial welcome from Yorkshire emigree Tina, the walk round with chum and neighbour Sue to the final handshake with pro photographer Colin Harvey four hours later, I had a thoroughly enjoyable morning...

The walk had its highlights, including several pairs of Buzzards and Marsh Harriers and a distant pair of Cranes: the excellent boardwalks through the boggy alder-carr put many a high-profile reserve to shame.

Many thanks, then, to Dave and the BVCG for their wonderful hospitality.

As I was sitting in my office typing this, I glanced up to see a Shoveler fly past! Not rare, of course: but a new bird for my garden list, which now stands at 85 species!








 
 

No comments: