Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 28 September 2016

Hoopoe at Brancaster

With two potentially photogenic birds in the north west of the county, I set aside the morning for a solo run up to Brancaster and Titchwell.

Arriving at the beach car park at Brancaster, I was given the 'glad tidings' that the recently-present Hoopoe had been flushed off by photographers. Knowing the species quite well, I doubted it would be long before it returned: this was the case. Thanks to Sue Bryan, I knew exactly where to walk and, within ten minutes, I was enjoying my closest-ever views of the species. Out to sea the small gallery (Hi to the Brecon Beacon Posse!) was entertained by a very pale Arctic Skua, several Sandwich Terns and Gannets and a flock of Scoter, but the star was the Hoopoe: apologies for posting a few images, but it's a corker!

Titchwell failed to produce anything more exciting than a veggie sausage bap: certainly not the Pec Sand which seems to have moved to Frampton, but I did connect with a flitty Yellow-browed and a Little Stint...







No comments: