Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 6 October 2016

Bearded Tits at Strumpshaw Fen

I wasn't intending to go out with the camera today, but since I had to visit the Post Office, I thought I'd go the extra mile to the Fen.

Fen Hide held eight Snipe, but not yesterday's Jack, while the riverbank and Tower Hide were bird-free zones. (Not entirely fair: there were several hundred Wigeon, Teal and Shoveler present!) The Ibis was last seen four days ago, so it may have finally departed.

As I walked back to the van I found photographer Eddie clicking away from the Sandy Path: as I drew level I saw he was imaging a small flock (10 -12) of Bearded Tits. At this time of year there is nowhere better in East Anglia to get up close and personal with these splendid little 'Fu-Manchus': I attach just a few pictures.

 





No comments: