Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 31 October 2016

Garden of delights....

I seem to have come back from Chelmsford with a heavy cold, so I've spent the day moping about catching up on 'Tutankhamen', making up meteorite orders for post and enjoying the antics of our garden wildlife.

As is normal at this time of year, the hedges are full of House Sparrows, Dunnocks and Starlings: some come down to the Acer by my office window and peer in at me! Best of all, though, are the six Red-legged Partridges that spend most of the day at the feeders, until pushed off by the Wood Pigeons and Collared Doves. Yes: I know none of these are 'megas' (as some people insist on calling unusual birds!) but they are fascinating to watch and are the nearest things I have to pets!

Tomorrow I'm determined to wrap up warmly and find a few Waxwings to photograph!






No comments: