Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 23 April 2017

Jupiter and its four large Moons

Jupiter is a beautiful object in the eastern sky just after sunset: I thought I'd have a try at imaging it with my 500mm telephoto lens and 1.4 converter. Putting the camera on a robust tripod, I tried a range of ISOs and exposure times: some combinations produced good images of the satellites, but caused Jupiter to be over-exposed. Other settings gave the opposite result! In the end I stacked a good exposure of Jupiter over another of its satellites: the various stages are below! I tried hard, but couldn't capture any cloud belts - for that I reckon I'll need to use my telescope!

Incidentally: the Moon and Venus will be close in the dawn skies tomorrow morning...




No comments: