Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Fen fill-up: great morning at Strumpshaw.

June and July are traditionally seen as months when birds take a back seat to insects and wild flowers: this year, however, that's not necessarily been the case! As you'll have seen, July has already been kind to me and my camera, but it's turning into the month that keeps giving!

OK: today's haul at the Fen didn't include any species that would  raise the pulse-rate of the average twitcher, but there were some 'proper' birds, seen well and enjoyed by Brian, Kevin, Brian S, Ann and me...

On the way home, I stopped off at a stand of beautiful ancient Poplar trees. After a short search, I found the characteristic exit holes of Hornet Clearwings: too late in the morning for the insects themselves, but I'll be back at the earliest opportunity!














No comments: