Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 15 December 2017

Acle Women's Institute

Last night I braved the sub-zero temperatures (and ignored a really decent bottle of Chablis) to give a talk to thirty or so members of the Acle WI.

Twenty years ago I was KS2 leader at the village primary school, leaving after serious ideological differences with a new headteacher: no thanks to this humourless individual, but the decision to change career was the best thing that could have happened at that stage in my life!

You can imagine, therefore, that I was a little apprehensive when I discovered that many of the group were parents of children I'd taught at the school! I needn't have worried: it was a marvellous, attentive audience and before I knew it the forty minute talk had extended to a full two hours! I really enjoyed the evening and hope the ladies did too!

No comments: