Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 25 January 2018

Coues's Redpoll, Glossy Ibis and Dartford Warblers: a Suffolk fill-up!

Since Linda had to visit the dentist in Norwich and Norman and Brian weren't available, I headed south east on my own! First stop was Eastbridge, where the sub-adult Glossy Ibis was immediately visible in flooded meadows by the road bridge. Nice to share this beautiful bird with Gary and John Richardson (no relation!)

Next stop was Hazelwood Common near Aldborough for seconds of the Coues's Arctic Redpoll. Nice and sunny today and this delightful snowball put on a good show for the fortunate gallery.

After a futile search for Goosanders at Thorpe Ness (where I bumped into old acquaintances Isobel and Peter!) I continued north to Dunwich. Leaving my smart new National Trust card on the dashboard, I walked the circuit, catching distant glimpses of about a dozen Dartford Warblers and hearing the song of at least one Woodlark.





 
 
 
 
 






 

No comments: