Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 15 March 2018

This year's targets!

With Spring around the corner (allegedly!) and a Large Tortoiseshell photographed on the south coast (see 'Lyon's Den') one can't but start to think about what would be good to see (and hopefully photograph!) in Norfolk this year.
Top of the list are two insects:

Large Tortoiseshell / Yellow-legged Tortoiseshell, naturally, followed by:
Common Hawker,
which I'd still like to come across in my home county.

Like many old timers, I've seen (and videoed!) a lot of decent birds just once or twice, all before the advent of affordable DSLRs and decent lenses: some of these - in no particular order - would be great to catch up with again:

Slender-billed Gull
Gull-billed Tern
Great Spotted Cuckoo
Black-throated Thrush
Black Stork
River Warbler
Lesser Short-toed Lark


These are all birds I've only seen once: to them I'd add three I missed last time:

Trumpeter Finch
Black Lark
Great Snipe


Fingers crossed!

No comments: