Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Spoonbill at Buckenham Marsh

As usual on a Tuesday, I started the morning at Strumpshaw to catch up with my photographic mentor, Brian. We spent an hour in Fen Hide with Brian S before walking the riverbank route back to Reception. Lots of Marsh Harriers and a very colourful Heron were the highlights, while the woodland held big flocks of both Redwings and Fieldfares.

After saying my goodbyes, I took a walk down to Buckenham, where even from the railway crossing a solitary Spoonbill could be seen dozing on the marshes. I carried on down towards the Hide, grabbing a few images: I noticed that the RSPB marshman was approaching on his quad bike, so I quickly repositioned as near as I could before the Wigeon flock took off, taking the Spoonbill with them. They returned, but the Spoonie had disappeared eastwards.

The walk back to the car was brightened up by a good-sized flock of Golden Plover and a confiding Little Egret















No comments: